Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mim Golub Scalin



We just returned from a trip to NYC & NJ where we ate pizza for dinner 3 out of 4 nights we were there. (Arturo's, La Bottega, Krispy's) The pizza was so good! This reminded me of the first time I ever ate pizza. I must have been about 9 years old. My older sister was babysitting for us younger sibs that night and had a friend over. They ordered pizza and closed themselves into the kitchen with it. I knocked on the door. It cracked open a bit and my sister thrust something out at me and said, leave us alone. It was a hot, greasy triangle that smelled good but didn't look appetizing to me. I peeled off the top layer (cheese) and looked at the bumpy dough underneath and decided this was not something I wanted to eat. I went into the bathroom and broke it up into little pieces and flushed it down the toilet. (Pizza was a new thing, back then.) Hope you enjoy my memory,
m i m
Check out http://mim4art.blogspot.com

1 comment:

JB said...

Mim! That is great. I laughed so much when I read this and have to tell you I have had cheese pizza two times this week! I can'y believe you flushed the pizza.